In order to combine the raw expression of monotype and oil inks, pentemente of drawings, jagged outlines of collage, and the liquid feeling of acrylic wash, I seek surfaces where I can manipulate images, push inks, and scratch with charcoal. I need to feel my options are open.
To get in touch, please visit the contact page.
My work is about the process, the push to lose conventionality and seeing the figure in a new way; as a landscape, shroud, inside out. I don’t consider any piece precious. They can all be wiped away, drawn over, made better by finding something new to add or take away.
- Endeavor, Wellington, Fl 3/16
- Horses, Gallery 18, New York, NY 5/15
- Perfect Models, chashama, New York, NY 10/14
- Uncovered, chashama, New York, NY 4/11
- Here and Now, Ozzie’s, Brooklyn, NY 12/10
- Introspective, Ten Eleven Gallery, New York, NY 5/08
- Portraits, Bellmore Memorial Library, Bellmore NY. 10/06
- New Work. Northwinds Coffee and Tea Co. Port Washington, N.Y. 4/05
- Monotypes. Rosefsky Gallery, 9/03
Selected Group Shows
- Planet X, Caelum Gallery, NY, NY 6/16
- Arte Natura, Limner Gallery, Hudson, NY 5/16
- Chashama Pre-Gala, One World Trade Center, NY 4/16
- Ars Nova, Tabla Rasa Gallery, Brooklyn, NY 1/16
- Art Bedford, Bedford, NY 1/16
- Binghamton University Alumni Show, Binghamton, NY 10/14
- chashama Open Studios, Brooklyn, NY 9/14
Work brings a new view of the world. Highway overpasses become dry brush strokes, liquid washes form dripping lowlights on a figure, and a shadow becomes a collage piece between a horse and his barn. The story of a place or figure hides behind its face value; it is here that we can find beauty, be it profound or simple.
For gallery inquiries, or purchasing information, contact email@example.com